Since the beginnings of the Carr, Gouveia + Associates CPAs, there has and will always be a focus on helping people. The IT department focuses on set-up, security and integrity of information systems for various sized firms in Honolulu. The accounting & auditing department helps many non-profits and for-profit entities with their auditing and accounting needs. The tax department, whose primary focus is to (1) comply with all the current federal, state, and city tax laws and (2) look for opportunities for our clients to effectively tax plan and avoid paying more taxes than are required by law. The tax department primarily prepares individual, partnership, trust & estate, and corporate (S & C) returns. We are contributors to the tax section of the Hawaii Divorce Manual. Fusion Retail Management System is much like us. They focus on helping people from the sales phase all the way through to implementation and operation and our clients are happy with them.
- What is your role? One of two partners, head of IT Department, head of Audit and Accounting Department
- What products and services does your company provide? Full service CPA firm providing tax, Audit, Accounting, Full service IT department with large Sage 100 practice
- Who does your company serve? Small businesses and nonprofit organizations
- Which Fusion product(s) did you invest in? We have two large (by Hawaii standards) distribution companies using FusionPOS. One of them had previously been a Hightower POS Professional client.
- Did FusionRMS assist you in the selling process? Please explain. Yes, the Fusion team provided the demos, and answered questions, provided detailed quotes, and assured the client of installation and training support.
- How was it different from other relationships you’ve had in selling products? Fusion was more hands on and very responsive all the way through to the implementation. They also offered attractive discounts.